Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dry Day for the Rough Green Snake

Rough Green Snake


It was Sunday around twenty past one after my lunch. I started my lesson plan for my Monday working day. The sun is so angry and arrogant to all living and non livings things. It turns out to 42 degrees Celsius hotness I’ve never encountered before in the month of February. Maybe due to the facts of Global warming the weather is changing. After 2 minutes of typing my lesson, I’ve heard my dog (Vincent) is barking so loudly. So I have to stand and check what Vincent barking for. This is what I saw; a rough green snake is hanging on the tree wanted come down to find a cool place to stay. I’m very worried that might Vincent bite by a snake coz it looks poisonous to me.I momentarily tied-up Vincent to my garage and finally snake is on the ground. Based on curiosity I’d like to touch that snake how beautiful is it? with a very nice green color.

With the blink of my eye the snake is crawling fast inside to my house and chases it until to my bedroom now finally I corner him. I used a stick to catch with a little hesitation that he might bite to my fingers. I brought it in the garage and start taking pictures. It’s a very beautiful creation despite of its name. It is indeed a very attractive to people who do not wish to feed live rodents to their pets. Thin and lengthy green snake for about 1.2 meters with a creamy white belly and the head is almost the same as my thumb finger.

After couples of shoots I return it to the tree as no one would like to kill this snake even my neighbor. In my entire life I killed snake once; back in Philippines, its king cobra A.K.A. babuyun in my dialects. This is not the only time that I’ve captured snake in this area. Last 2007 two weeks later I arrived and start working in Saimoonwittaya, inside the room that I’ve been teaching was a usual size of python lying under the bookshelves. Unfortunately I don’t have a camera. According to wikipedia this Rough Green Snake likes to eat crickets, waxworm, butterworms and other insects. Rough Green Snake live in a moderate humidity level; however they cannot stand stagnant air. It can easily see in plants, trees, and waters.

4 comments:

  1. น่ากลัวอ่ะ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Got

    but next time please type in english so that I and the readers will fully understand.

    thanks for dropping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant capture of that snake ! Luckily it didn't harm you or your dog !

    I always wanted a Green Tree snake when I was growing up. My Father was going to buy me one, but never did ! :(

    I wouldn't want a snake that I had to feed it mice/rodents .

    Thank you for sharing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jules
    Its lucky for me that i've heard my dog barking and to catch that nice green snake of my own without accident. yeah its really difficult to have a pet like snakes coz its difficult for them to feed... thanks for your comments and sharing...

    ReplyDelete

comments and suggestion of this blog is highly appreciated, whether good or bad is always welcome as i'm not good as other to be perfect.