Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Christian Community - a Priest, a farmer (Northeast of Thailand)



Summer days ahead, more people are in vacation to release stress the from works or studies. I start prepare my things and start buying some souvenir to my relatives and friends. In this sunny season it is good to harvest the crops.

As I remember my journey to Loengnoktha (another district of Yasothon). Most of the villager are helping together to harvest their rice field. I took some pictures with them and they are smiling even the sun is so hot, which is quiet similar to my country when cutting the rice plant to get the grains out. But the rests are rarely different.


(1.) The farmer has their own farm.
(2.) All family members are helping together regardless of their works and profession.
(3.) Neighbors and friends helping each other with compensation amount of 200 baht a day.
(4.) the most I admired – Parish Priest is helping to harvest the rice and earned compensation too.


(The man wearing red scarf is a priest)

I never think that one of the harvesters is a priest of their village. The village is what they called as Ban Nongkhunnoi is where most of the villagers are Christian. The only village that I’ve seen that doesn’t have a Buddhist temple. Long time ago according to the old villager, that this village was converted into Christian (Roman Catholic) after the World War II. There was an epidemic on that time most villagers were sick and many people died. In some views that looks like they were abandoned. By the help of the French missionaries medicines and facilities, they were cured. So many villagers were converted and make their church at that village. Generation to generation they will pass it to families and friends that God exist.




7 comments:

  1. Thailand is such a heaven for travelers, Different Culture, language, religion, food culture, dressing, architecture , Historical building, beautiful beaches ,plateaus, Deep rivers, Fascinating natural sites, thrilling wildlife…Over all Thailand is best destination for travelling for more information you can go to Tourist Information Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. thailand and philippines have a common culture and traditions ryt? ahahahaha nicomment naq to ahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lively photos! I wonder if the local residents visits the church. Therefore, it's good to see that there is a church even in a remote place like this. Nice job again!
    PS. Can you help me to start a blog? May I have your cel # ? Thank you in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ AmskyDC
    sure.. just check your private message of siampinoy accounts.my number is there, see you around.

    thanks again a nice comments...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Manish Sharma
    thanks for dropping my sites and linking your sites... indeed an infomative sites for those who want to travel thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,
    thanks for your nice comment in my blog.you have a nice blog here too, but i suggest if you really want to drive more traffic here, you should join Entrecard.com.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for this post! Thailand is a wonderful place I have been there on holiday with my wife for two times

    ReplyDelete

comments and suggestion of this blog is highly appreciated, whether good or bad is always welcome as i'm not good as other to be perfect.