Thursday, March 5, 2009

School Campaign 2009

March 5, 2009. 8:00 o’clock in the morning, sitting down the bench waiting for some Thai teachers. I don’t have any idea about the activity as I was just informed the day later to come to school early of the said time. The school is already closed for this semester and will comeback to open on second week of May. This is not the first time for me to keep waiting for them, maybe I’m not yet lessoned or I’m too punctual for them. Some Filipinos are also not quiet concerned about the time, but I think Thais are more.

A flashback to my funny experienced for them is during our school trip to Chiangmai the second’s largest city in Thailand. Were the assemble time must be at 4a.m. at the campus, but nobody is there except me. I’m thinking maybe I’m late and they are gone. On the second thought maybe my wristwatch is too advanced for them. In short they arrived after an hour. lol look like I’m lost in the middle of the jungle.

Quarter to nine, we group into four. Me and a south African are in the same group with five Thais. That’s the only time that I understand that we’re going to someplace to campaign our school that we’re been working. Some teachers are in different places too. Our group target place is in Ban Kamek Elementary School with the student population of 134, from grade 1 to 6. A very fair number of students in the grade 6 class, 11 boys and 11 girls. About few minutes we arrive at the said school. The Principal was welcome us and had a few chats in his office.

School Principal


I’m not interested with the discussion coz they speaking their own language, so I go outside with my two colleagues to look something unusual. This is what we saw. Drinking water of the schoolFeltered Water
Filtered water faucet from the plastic tank, where the water is come from the rain. One teacher told that they used to drink that water coz it safe as they filtered. Oh really? I’m so curious, I open the cover and gosh. Looks like many living organism inside, I saw some tiny black dots inside that tank. I turn around and look through the eye of the students and they look healthy. Alas… anyway some says there’s no such thing as clean as water.(lol) Because the water is used to clean so therefore water is clean. The one who said that is already dead.

Ban Kamek Elementary School-recieve their pamphlets

I went back inside the room and they started the student are too much quiet even they are ask they don’t like to talked back. All grade six pupils receive the pamphlet and books as one of the strategy of my co-teacher to convince them to study in our school Saimonwittyaa. Each of us introduced to the pupils and said about the good things that they will get if they study in our school. 50% are raising their hand when they asked which is a good numbers for this campaigned. But the final decision is in their parents if where will be. There are five high schools in the Education area 2 and saimoonwittaya is on the top of popularity so they are quiet confident of it.


Saimoonwittaya teaching force

2 comments:

  1. Half of the students population from government school in Thailand are shy to talk and answer the questions from the foreigners due to language barrier.Thanks for sharing this story. Well detailed..

    AmskyDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its true but another things to considered is the lack of English words in any corner of the school and the Thai teachers who happened teaching English subject will not speak english during the class.

    thanks for dropping Amsky.

    ReplyDelete

comments and suggestion of this blog is highly appreciated, whether good or bad is always welcome as i'm not good as other to be perfect.